"Community Enrichment through the Arts"
As the peak body for the arts in Esperance, Esperance Community Arts (ECA) is committed to building a strong network between arts organisations and other community groups in the area.
Working in partnership with local organisations such as Goldfields Esperance Development Corporation (GEDC), the Esperance Shire Council and the Esperance Regional Tourist Association (ERTA).
Together with other agencies,business entities and the Esperance community, Esperance Community Arts seeks to establish and maintain support for all arts groups in the district.
ECA Mission statement and main objectives
To foster the arts in the Esperance region; reach out to the more remote areas of this very large shire; unite the arts organisations in the area; lead by example.
The Goals of Esperance Community Arts
- To promote community participation and regional development through the arts;
- To broaden the understanding of arts in the community;
- To be the point of contact for Local, State and Federal Governments;
- To source and distribute funding for the groups represented;
- To provide a coordinated approach to arts and cultural activities in the Esperance region;
- To provide access to new and innovative arts practice;
- To Promote skills development for local artists to improve their art practice;
- To facilitate community building through the arts to foster a sense of belonging and community participation.