Arts from Home: Esperance
Esperance Community Arts Programs
We are working with our artist facilitators, our project partners and our funders to put strategies in place to continue delivering our existing programs in modified formats. We will have more information available next week about how this will happen.
Two Act-Belong-Commit Art for Mindfulness Workshop Series are coming up which you can participate in from home:
We also recently completed the Act-Belong-Commit Indigenous Arts & Culture Jigsaw project.
Indigenous Languages Arts Program
As a result of COVID-19, the Indigenous Languages Arts Program is suspended for now, however the Yorga Barmahs is still being supported by Escare. View their Facebook Group.
A number of other projects have continued behind closed doors at Esperance Community Arts in recent weeks, including:
The Sewing Circle
Calling all Esperance artists!
Looking for a way to channel your artistic energy? Consider creating something to submit into the upcoming Act-Belong-Commit Esperance Wildflower Festival Art Competition & Exhibition!
There are great prizes available.
Entries address the theme "Flowers and Feathers: Friends or Foes?" and all entries are due Friday 3rd July, 5.00pm.
Find out more at the Esperance Wildflower Festival website.
Esperance “At Home” Initiatives
Arts-based projects and initiatives run by local organisations and community groups for the benefit of the Esperance community.
Free arts initiatives from beyond Esperance which may be of interest to our local artists – young and old!
Visual Arts and Crafts
- 18 Crafts for Kids
- Act-Belong-Commit Mindfulness Colouring In
- Artist Ken Done – teaching kids about art online
- Colouring Nature
- Colour our Collections – Colouring books from 113 Museums
- Creative Prompts for Arts Projects at Home
- Creative Community Challenge: ANZAC Day Poppies
- Crochet your own Rainbow
- Free Felt Sewing Patterns
- Google Arts & Culture
- Kid Crafts
- Kinder Art
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- MoMA free online art courses
- Online Jigsaw Puzzles
- Regional Arts WA – Online Resource Collection
- The Walters Art Museum
Music and dance
Photography, Film and theatre
Writing and Reading
- 7 Day Writing Blitz
- 100 Word MicroFiction Challenge
- ABC Article – How to focus when your phone distracts you from reading and writing
- Children’s Authors Doing Online Read Alouds and Activities
- Friday Free Write
- Free Magazine Library
- Free Public Domain AudioBooks
- ManyBooks – Free eBooks
- Novel Effect – Free Books
- Open Library
- SCBWI Australia West – Learning Resources Hub
- Stuart Hadow Short Story Competition
- Researchify – Free Children’s Classics
- Writing WA Bookclub