“Keeping mentally healthy is just as important as staying physically healthy” – Act-Belong-Commit
Thanks to Healthway funding, Esperance Community Arts has been delivering arts programs which support the Act-Belong-Commit message since 2010. We have also secured three-year funding to deliver five Act-Belong-Commit programs, which will run from 2019 – 2021.
Our programs are well-suited to the promotion of the Act-Belong-Commit mental health message because they
- Invite participants to engage in a series of ongoing creative activities that involve commitment and increase social connection.
- They present opportunities to actively explore the Act-Belong-Commit message through creative outputs and/or through discussion.
- Each project incorporates a public presentation that will allow the mental health message to be promoted to a wider audience.
As you will see from the projects below, over the years we have covered multiple artforms including music, writing, visual arts and dance in an effort to engage a wide range of community members with varying interests and abilities. Evidence exists that each of these arts activities can have positive benefits for health and wellbeing.
Current Act-Belong-Commit Programs:
- Act-Belong-Commit Arts & Culture holiday program
- Act-Belong-Commit Art for Mindfulness workshops
- Act-Belong-Commit Resilience for Youth through Arts workshops
- Act-Belong-Commit Esperance Wildflower Festival Art Competition and Exhibition
- Act-Belong-Commit Nyungar Boodja Plants and Culture sessions